I have a love/hate relationship with public transport. Mostly, hate. I hate when I have to wait 10-20 minutes for the bus in the cold and wind. I hate when it arrives packed. I hate the fact that it isn't always crowded with 'nice' people. Teenagers from school, drunk people, violent people. It happens. But I have this unexplainable pleasure in sitting by the window and watching the people on the side walks, people that might not be really nice either, yet to the sound of music they all are. I also don't understand the fact that I am only an avid reader when I am in public transport. But I hate when certain people sit next to me and I can't breathe. I love when it's all empty and the sun reflects against the windows. It's 2015 now, but the red double decker rides just like a chariot, juddering down the streets.

15 comments:

  1. I mostly hate public transport too. If there’s a music playing I feel a little better, and sometimes inspired. And I do love watching the life happening through the window... :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. oh, dear... you and me both. I even have to wait longer for the bloody bus. But as you say, riding the bus (the usual ride takes an hour) is when I read the most, oddly enough. I have read whole books on my iPod touch! Amazing. And what about people that listen to music WITHOUT earplugs? dreadful.
    I only wish I had double decker buses here, that would make a huge difference *sigh*

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh, they suck haha, luckily, I do not encounter much of them.

      Delete
  3. "...people that might not really be nice either, yet to the sound of music they all are." Perfect. i totally get that. i've never had experience on public transportation because here we all have cars. but traffic or company might not be nice, but with good music and moving land, all is beautiful.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Traffic is very annoying as well, especially if one is in a hurry. x

      Delete
  4. i have had the same kind of experiences when i've used public transport, mostly on trains. i get really anxious about who i might have to set near but listening to music, reading, and looking out the window is so peaceful.

    xx m.see
    http://blog.mollyseemeador.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yeah, it seems that those things become special and entertaining when on the bus/train. Its like when a song you really like plays on a store or cafe hah. x

      Delete
  5. Truth. However, I do think that public transportation provides one with the best people watching experience ever! ♥

    ReplyDelete
  6. i miss your words and letters, lovely girl.

    ReplyDelete
  7. ohhh damn i like this blog,, so so have been made so serioulsy,,, great

    ReplyDelete